What is palliative care at home?
Together with your family carer we can design a package of palliative care which gives you the level of support you need, and gives your carer a break.
Our care services cover:
- Providing personal care
- Helping with emotional and spiritual issues and any concerns you may have
- Administering medication, oxygen, and managing pain and all other symptoms
- Preparing meals
- Washing, cleaning and shopping
- Supporting family members and helping with any plans that need to be made
- Looking after pets, so you don’t need to worry about them
- Liaising with healthcare professionals
All our care staff are able to handle any situation in a compassionate manner. They can support you and your family through a highly emotional time, promoting your comfort with dignity and respect. And we can arrange specialist training depending on a person’s needs.
We work with community health teams so that everything is tailored to your needs. We can also get prescriptions from your GP or arrange a home visit if required. And if you have mobility issues we can work with occupational therapists and provide an additional care worker at certain times if needed.
If you need our help urgently, our rapid response approach means we can provide emergency care within 48 hours.