What is reablement care?
Our reablement care staff provide personal care and help you with daily living activities and other practical tasks for a limited period. Our aim is for you to regain both the confidence and practical skills to carry out these activities yourselves.
Reablement care is a cost-effective solution for people who need intensive support for a short period of time.
It’s particularly good for people who’ve been in hospital – your consultant will only discharge you if they agree that you’re able to manage on your own, or that there’s the right level of care is in place to support you at home.
It’s personalised to you, your needs and your situation, so you are comfortable, capable and confident of living independently.
Who can benefit?
- NHS or private hospital in-patients who could safely go home if a hospital discharge care plan was in place
- People who need high levels of domiciliary care and or sleeping/waking nights care
- People who need to re-learn essential personal and daily living skills, as it is costed on a weekly rather than hourly basis
- People who are experiencing confusion following illness/infection who may feel unsafe to be left alone
- People who are frail and who need intensive support before they can live independently